App Launcher for SharePoint 2013
Got a SharePoint 2013 environment but you need to demo 2016 look and feel?
Seen the SharePoint 2016 app launcher and want it on 2013?
Seen the Office 365 App Launcher and thought that would be great on my SharePoint 2013 environment?
This one's for you... a SharePoint 2013 app launcher !
Get the download here
Before you run the PowerShell script to install it you should probably read below
The launcher can be run using the PowerShell included in the root folder
use .\DeployAppLauncher.ps1 -url <SITE URL TO DEPLOY>
- Run this on a test site, if you are running it on a Publishing site you'll need to enable the "Wiki Home Page" site feature, this can then be deactivated if you don't want it enabled... It creates the "Site Assets" library where the launcher is deployed to.
- It relies on a custom masterpage, so it'll change this to the new one included. These are the additional lines in the masterpage (jquery, the launcher js file, some styling and some fonts!):
- <!--SPM:<SharePoint:CssRegistration runat="server" ID="CssRegAppLauncher" Name="<% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/SiteAssets/applauncher/applauncher.css %>" After="corev15.css"/>-->
- <!--SPM:<SharePoint:CssRegistration runat="server" ID="CssRegFontAwesome" Name="<% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/SiteAssets/applauncher/font-awesome-4.5.0/css/font-awesome.css %>" After="corev15.css"/>-->
- It uses jquery, the file is included!
- It uses Font Awesome to get the app launcher icon on the ribbon, there's a lot of files in this so it'll upload them to the Site Assets folder. These can probably be trimmed down, I've left them as standard
- You need to update the links in the applauncher.js file to get to your My Sites location
- No warranties! Try it out on a dev Virtual Machine first :)
Hope it's useful
Full credit to :
I just did the stick it on SharePoint bit
Also thanks Font Awesome!! for the launcher icon, I should reference this because I've included a copy in the files